Saturday, December 24, 2011

3 Minute Mint Chocolate Fudge


Doesn't that just sound SO amazing!  Now, you must keep in mind that I have never made fudge in my life.  Before yesterday I was a fudge making virgin if you will. But then, I found this.  By the way, I am obsessed with her blog (MADE).  She has given me so many creative ideas it is ridiculous.  Anyway this was exactly what I was looking for.  Although it may seem otherwise, I assure you I have precious little time available for creative craftiness and making yummies.  But this you can whip up in no time and have time to look good doing it! ^_^




So this is the VERY SHORT ingredient list:
(1) 14 oz can condensed milk
(1) 14 oz package of semi sweet chocolate chips.
(1) 10 oz package of Andes mint chips


And that is it!  I told you it was easy.  BTW those Andes mint chips are not that easy to find.  I saw them at Aldi a few weeks back but when I went back to get them they were no more! *sigh*  I finally found them at *gasp* Wallmart.  (If you know me you know that I only step foot in that store maybe once every two years.  I do not care for the place.)  I suspect that buying a bag of the normal size Andes Mints which are much easier to find and just crushing them up yourself would have worked as well.  It would just add a couple minutes to the process and we are focused on efficiency here aren't we? 


So you just pour all three ingredients into a microwaveable bowl and fire it up in the microwave for 3 minutes.  (If you are unsure about how your exact microwave settings I suggest taking it out after 2 minutes to see if it is ready.  If not then continue at 30 second increments.)


Take out and stir until all is smooth and combined.  This takes just a few seconds.  


Pour into a 8"x8" or 9"x9" if you want thick pieces or put into a 9"x13" if you want thin pieces.  Then just set it aside and let it cool.  After a while you can cut it into small pieces.  I emphasize the small.  These are very rich and a little goes a very long way.  I may even cut mine a bit smaller than the way you see it at the top.  I'm really not kidding about the rich part.  But yummy yummy yummy!  Next time I might put 1/2 a bag of the Andes mint to see if I can get a more subtle flavor or switch it up with some butterscotch instead of the mint.  So many possibilities!

Enjoy and Merry Christmas Eve! ^_^


Do what makes you happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment