Saturday, April 7, 2012

Faux Chenille Bunny

Happy Easter Vigil!

I don't know about you but i am SO looking forward to that roasted leg of lamb (All for me!)....sorry, that is my starving tummy talking right now.  Anywho, of course I had to do something Easter related and I came up with this.
Faux Chenille Bunny!

So the point of this is that after you wash it a few times the edges are supposed to get extra fluffy and mimic actual chenille.  I'm not sure I would go THAT far, but it still is darn cute.  I just used leftover flannel fabric from the door busters I made a while back.  If I were to do this over, I would use cute colors like in the tutorial.  I also didn't have any stuffing on hand so I just filled it with fabric scraps that I've collected over the last few months.  So it is a little more lumpy and not as squishy as it would otherwise be.  Ah well.  Warning:  this uses alot of thread. 



Here is the tutorial I used from U-create.  This is their version.


I'm intending on giving it to my 2 yr old niece for Easter.  Do you think she would like it?  I welcome any comments, questions, concerns. And yes...that is a Charlie Brown Thanksgiving DVD in the back.  Don't judge! 

 Comment!

Do what brings you joy!  And Happy Easter!



No comments:

Post a Comment