Monday, December 31, 2012

2012, Farewell

This has been such an exciting year.  Eventful at the very least. 
I finished 3rd year of medical school and decided that my hair was FINALLY back to being long enough to justify shelling out the money for highlights. 
And good thing too, since I was doing this all summer preparing for USMLE Step 2CK and CS exams.  
I ended up doing a lot better than I thought I would so we went out to celebrate like the little kiddies that we are.  



 

  
  


 
 

 

 



 Got in touch with long lost half-sisters and nieces, and lots of cousins.

   

 Started up my 4th and final year of medical school and besides a month or two that were time consuming and difficult, ended up having more time than ever before to BE ME!  Oh what a scandalous sensation!  

So we made tons of food and tons of things.   :-)   Turns out I'm rather domestic.  Who knew.  I have to say that the dress was a total failure though.  Ahh well... you live, you learn.

 

We had to say goodbye to Lord Ashland Napoleon but since then have had many more cuddles with Queen Victoria.


Fell back in love with nature and decided once and for all that I DO I DO I DO need it in my life.  Can you believe a falcon was in our back yard???



Celebrated my very last guaranteed Christmas vacation.  Had the largest and most elaborate Martha Steward dinner yet and of course forgot to take any pictures at all.
 

And of course, continued my studies.  Learning to have fun while doing it though!  (There is a reason...well...multiple reasons that I'm not going to be a surgeon)  I'm done being competitive.  I'm done trying to be the best.  There are more important things in life.  Ahhh... How liberating. ^_^

We are both in a happy place now.   Life is great.
We wish you all the best!  Happy New Year!  2012, Farewell!


Do what brings you joy!

~G



No comments:

Post a Comment