Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

As a remedy for being so bored from studying that I could poke my eyes out I started reading The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes - - - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.




I read his 4 main stories before and ABSOLUTELY fell in love so I had really high hopes for these short stories. They are still jam packed with his same quirky nature and chalked full of detective work and dear old Dr. Watson is as charming as ever. Unfortunately, and maybe it is just a result of being in medical school for too long, but I felt like I was reading a medical report. A big long list of "my client looks like this...looks like that...found himself doing this...and CLEARLY it leads me to the obvious conclusion that THIS amazing thing is going on" Just replace 'client' with 'patient' and there you go...medical report. (I'm not bitter :-P ) Granted, he does have a lot to pack in if it was to remain a short story but I feel like the plot suffered for it a little bit.

That being said. They are still exceedingly enjoyable....(God...anything is better than my 40 lb Pathology textbook) and I would recommend these short stories to anybody who likes Sherlock and/or good old detective stories.

I rate them a 4/5

No comments:

Post a Comment